Saturday, April 01, 2006

Main Aisa Hi Hoon


The title is a fun phrase mostly used among friends as a passing joke, but if analyzed in-depth, the statement signifies a very strong and adamant stand. It's a friendly way of conveying, "Come what may, I won't change." That to me is a character statement!

So what builds a character?

I firmly believe personal character evolves from the environment and culture you are exposed to. Surrounding plays a major role in building-up of the thought process, which leads to form a personal character.

Coming back, I often think chit-chatting among friends if suddenly you are offended, Is it good to put your feet down by using comments like "Main aisa hi hoon"? Or it's better to laugh out and move forward considering nothing ever happened? Most of us would say a fine balance between the two approaches is a perfect answer. But my question is where to draw a line between them?
Secondly, does the approach we select slowly starts molding our character/ attitude or the person we are? If yes, then how should one decide what kind of person he should be?

I sincerely feel it's a delicate moment when one stands-up for himself. Most of the times your friends/pals will understand you and your feelings, but at times matters can go worst. As it's wisely said that it takes years to build true friendship, but only a split second to destroy it!

Personally, I have made many passing comments on my friends, which I really don't mean in true sense. But I fear some day these mischievous remarks might make me loose a good friend!

5 Comments:

Blogger Chintan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Chintan said...

interesting thoughts Purvin.

There is a quote by Elbert Hubbard:
"Never explain--your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway." so chill no need to bother of consequences.
Make your opinion known. That might inspire a friend to improve (be more considerate)

10:59 PM  
Blogger purvins said...

yaar kavin.... chinta mat kar.. mane bhi bohot fart lika hai......
aur masti karna me bhi nahi chodnewala.....!!!!

11:41 PM  
Blogger Kaushal said...

dont worry Purvin...keep farting and blogging...;)

10:43 PM  
Blogger Adi said...

Nice thoughts dude. I like the way you think.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home